Thursday, January 31, 2013

One Is Silver and the Other's Gold

I've read a few places that one of the most important parts of being happy is nurturing relationships. Friendships are key to our well-being. Well, I feel like that's not one of my strong suits.

Maybe facebook is making me feel this way, but it seems like I've known so many people and I've  been friends with a good number of them, but right now I feel as though I have very very few people in my life that I would really call friends. Those people that I do call friends have busier lives than I do and I often find myself looking for social time and having no one to spend it with. Part of the problem is having moved away from home base, but I think a lot of it is a failing on my part to really nurture my relationships.

This year is going to be a year of change and I want to make one of the biggest changes here. I've already tried to begin by making an effort to communicate on a regular basis with my siblings. I've also joined some meetup groups in an effort to make new friends near where I live.  Now those efforts must be doubled.  I'm reluctant to make big statements and declarations about my intentions, but I want to feel much more connected to other people by this time next year. That's something that will make me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment