Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's Easy to Be Happy When Work Isn't Involved

So, today is the true test of outrageous happiness because I'm back to work. I had a wonderful start to my new year yesterday. I spent the day drinking with my best friend, Lauren, who is attempting the outrageous year of happiness with me. She, her boyfriend, and my husband had me in tears of laughter as we watched our way through horrible American television. We watched wonderful titles that included "Mud Lovin' Rednecks" and "Honey Boo Boo." It's really fun to watch rednecks on television and poke fun at them. It was a genuinely delightful afternoon. This site had me in stitches and I nearly burst into laughter when I looked at it: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mattbellassai/40-reasons-honey-boo-boo-became-a-national-treasur-6z51

I'm staying positive today despite having to be back at work. I'm not going to be stressed about work anymore. I'm going to go to work, do my job, and go home. No more of this work-defines-who-I-am mindset. It pays the bills and for now that has to be good enough.

So, some highlights for this outrageous year:

January: Trip to the Bahamas
February: NYC weekend
March: Marine Corps 17.75K race
April: TBD
May: 1/2 marathon
Summer: Tubing with Lauren and Justin, marathon training, and more TBD
October: Marine Corps Marathon or Philadelphia Marathon

I'll report on these as they happen. Here's to a new, more happier me in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment