Sunday, January 27, 2013

Late Night Ramblings

I just finished everything but the last touches on an awesome baby blanket. It has a tetris theme. It was a pain to make in a lot of ways from dealing with seven balls of yarn at once to picking up 400 stitches for the border. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post a picture of it soon because you deserve to see it.

It's 4 am and my boyfriend is asleep. We've kind of had a hard week. He's been miserable since Tuesday because of a mystery pain in his chest and back and I've been stressed out because I was worried that something was wrong with him that would cause lasting damage. Today had a nerve-racking start because a rash developed overnight and we had to figure out what to do. I barely feel like an adult on my best days, but faced with a health issue that might be an emergency makes me feel like I don't know any better than the three-year-olds I work with. We ended up going to an urgent care facility where he was diagnosed with shingles, then driving around to a few different Walgreens looking for one that had his prescription in stock. The rest of the day was spent in kind of a funk. He was tired and in pain, I felt kind of drained from the ordeal that turned out not to be so bad, so I also felt bad that I was being weird for basically no reason. So accomplishing something for myself today felt imperative. I feel proud that I finished the blanket, but I still feel empty. Maybe I'll go cuddle my man and I'll feel better in the morning.

This week I'm going to try to bring my laptop to work so I can blog during lunch and do a better job of documenting my year of outrageous happiness. I'm also going to go on the South Beach diet so I need to plan and cook for the week tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment